Paying for college can be a daunting undertaking for many working families. Fortunately, there are various Teamster Scholarships that your child, grandchild, or dependent may be eligible to receive. Many children of Teamsters 856 members have been the recipients of these prestigious scholarships over the years.
Teamsters Local 856/986 — UAL SFO Scholarship Fund
Deadline is April 30th of each calendar year
Eligible applicants are:
- High school seniors graduating this year;
- The daughter or son of an active Teamster whose dues are current with Locals 856 and 986;
- Attending or have been accepted to an accredited university, college, or trade school
Applicants must also provide:
- A completed application
- Proof of acceptance to their selected university, college, or trade school;
- Copy of their high school transcript including grade post average;
- A wallet size photo;
- A legible list of all your activities, work experience, honors, distinctions and achievements. Please ensure that the list is no longer that one page and that it is stapled to the back of the application;
- In your own handwriting: Your view of how you can be an asset to the community and Teamsters Union, if granted the scholarship. Please submit one full page.
Submit completed applications to:
Teamsters Local 856/986 — UAL SFO Scholarship Committee
1198 Durfee Avenue
South El Monte, CA 91733
For further information, contact Local 856/986 — UAL SFO Scholarship Fund at email@example.com.
As a Teamster SFO – 856/986 member you are eligible for discounts on products and services that are not available to the general public. These benefits are available to you and your family for as long as you are a union member.